Friday 27 September 2013

Oats in the carpet.

There are oats scattered across my carpet and oats across the kitchen floor. There have been tears before school and tears before bed-time. Term time has started and I watch with admiration how my daughter bravely faces each day. She cares about the minute details of her friends lives, the perfect presentation of each piece of homework and she feels the need to get it right every second of the day.

Sometimes when the pressure rises inside her she feels the need to release the tension and rips up paper and scatters it on the floor. Today it was her breakfast oats!

Cleaning the floor takes a few minutes. Keeping a balance between positive and negative mental health is a life long learning process. I love her and her ways, so off I go to clear the floors.

Best wishes
Hazel Reeves
www.roar-littledinosuar.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. All comments on this blog are moderated.